Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Contaflex 1 cleaning Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Contaflex 1 cleaning « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Denny
Tinkerer
Username: Denny

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, August 10, 2009 - 06:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Contaflex 1 that needs its shutter cleaned and the innermost lens cleaned (exterior side). How does one access the front of the inside lens. I have the focusing ring and front element removed and can see the gazillion pieces that make up the shutter mechanism, but don't want to flood it with naptha until the other 2 lenses are out and protected.

I already did what Jon Goodman said not to do in an earlier post (hadn't read it until this happened) and electronics cleaner got to the iris blades and onto the lens.

Any help from the experts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Upnorthw
Tinkerer
Username: Upnorthw

Post Number: 10

Posted on Thursday, August 13, 2009 - 07:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You'll have to make a rubber tool to unscrew the rear lens. And if I remember right a lens spanner to take out the middle one.

Denny
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Wednesday, September 16, 2009 - 06:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks - sorry for the late response as work has had me sidetracked from the hobby.

Does the rear lens screw out of the shutter retaining ring on the inside of the camera? If I can get that lens out, I think I'm good to go.

Thanks again.

Upnorthw
Tinkerer
Username: Upnorthw

Post Number: 12

Posted on Wednesday, September 16, 2009 - 07:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes it will but they don't usually have spanner slots. You'll need to make a rubber tool close to the lens outer diameter and hope it's not in really tight.

Denny
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 06:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the info. I will give that a try.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration