Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax ME super aperture Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Pentax ME super aperture « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wim_abbeloos
Tinkerer
Username: Wim_abbeloos

Post Number: 6

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 11, 2009 - 03:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When mounting the lens (standard 50mm F2) on my pentax ME super, the aperture ring becomes excessively stiff. Can anybody explain how the linkage between body and lens is supposed to work on this camera? Is the 'aperture ring' in the body, just below the mount, supposed to move more or less freely? On my body it is very stiff. How should it be disassembled?

Thank you very much.

Bossman
Tinkerer
Username: Bossman

Post Number: 94

Posted on Wednesday, August 12, 2009 - 07:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try a few drops of lighter fluid (naptha) and "work" the ring............then blow it out. If that doesn't correct the problem, you'll have to take mount off and see what is causing the binding. Art.... www.flcamerarepair.com

Wim_abbeloos
Tinkerer
Username: Wim_abbeloos

Post Number: 7

Posted on Wednesday, August 12, 2009 - 07:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

When just the mount is taken off, can you just pull this part out towards the front? Or do you need to remove the entire front assembly and remove it from the back?

The stiffness has improved, but it still is not as smooth as I'd like it. There is metal dust in there and I'd like to get it out (and away from the mirror/ground glass!).

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration