Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Voigtlander Vito CLR rangefinder adju... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Voigtlander Vito CLR rangefinder adjustment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ralfj
Tinkerer
Username: Ralfj

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 14, 2009 - 09:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello -

I need some help adjust the Voigtlander Vito CLR rangefinder as it is off on infinity. I have managed to remove the top easily, but am not sure which screw controls horisontal movement adjustments. Thank you in advance.

Ethostech
Tinkerer
Username: Ethostech

Post Number: 127

Posted on Thursday, August 20, 2009 - 02:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As I recall there are two adjustment screws. One for vertical rangefinder image alignment and one for horizontal rangefinder image alignment. To be of any value the horizontal alignment needs to be correct and this is adjustable by the screw which itself is horizontal.

Set the focus on Infinity and view a far distant subject.
Adjust the horizontal screw until the two subject images coincide horizontally (even if one is fractionally above the other.)
The lock the adjustment screw with a spot of nail-varnish.
Job done.

If there is indeed any vertical misalignment you can now correct that by doing the same thing with the vertical adjustment screw.
But get the horizontal adjustment right. Sometimes it is not always possible to fully adjust out any slight vertical errors.

M_currie
Tinkerer
Username: M_currie

Post Number: 191

Posted on Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 05:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As I recall, the adjustment you want is a two part adjustment. You will see a lever is made in two layers, held together in the center by a slotted head screw. If you loosen the screw, you can put a small slotted head screwdriver into a wedge-shaped slot that allows you to move the two halves of the lever relative to each other. I'll try, if I have time later, and if my digicam works tonight, to open up my Vito CLR and get a picture of the pertinent lever.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration