Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Replacing Spotmatic SP focus screen -... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Replacing Spotmatic SP focus screen - HELP! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Esphotos
Tinkerer
Username: Esphotos

Post Number: 12

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 14, 2009 - 11:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,
I have a Pentax Spotmatic with ground focus screen and want to replace with split image screen from a donor camera.
Could someone explain or direct me to a site or two how it's done.
Thanks
Edward

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 966

Posted on Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 05:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Edward: I don't think I've ever taken the screen out of the Spotmatic, but I think you'd have to take the top cover off and remove the prism (and be very careful around the meter needle, which is above the screen) to remove the screen from the top. I have had the prisms out, so I have sketches and photos that will get you that far. Drop me an email at rick_oleson@yahoo.com if you'd like a copy.

Esphotos
Tinkerer
Username: Esphotos

Post Number: 13

Posted on Saturday, August 15, 2009 - 06:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you Rick. email sent.
Cheers
Edward

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration