Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica III Problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Konica III Problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dmcrite33
Tinkerer
Username: Dmcrite33

Post Number: 12

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 16, 2009 - 11:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am experiencing a weird problem. I did a repair job on a Seikosha-MXL shutter that was installed in a Konica III. I replaced the cocking ring and the shutter works properly out of the camera. After installation in the camera and I attempt to activate the advance, I find that the shutter cocks before the advance travels full distance. Thus the advance comes to a stop and lacks about 5/16" traveling full cycle. The film advance on the Konica III requires two full strokes to advance the film. I feel kind of stupid. I didn't pay close attention before disassembly. I hope my explanation is clear enough for someone maybe to understand my problem and offer a suggestion. Thanks in advance...

Reborn7
Tinkerer
Username: Reborn7

Post Number: 29

Posted on Saturday, August 22, 2009 - 06:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For some time now I'm trying to repair that shutter on my Konica III but never figured out how to dissamble it from the body.
The only thing that I did is to remove the front lens and the speeds engraved ring, what I notice is that the shutter cocks after the first advance movement, and nothing else moves in the shutter during the second advance action.
So I assume that something went wrong when putting the lens assembly back on the camera body, I can see two options : assembly with a cocked or uncocked shutter ???

Dmcrite33
Tinkerer
Username: Dmcrite33

Post Number: 13

Posted on Saturday, August 22, 2009 - 02:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You go into the back of the camera and unscrew the retaining ring that is around the lens (it will have slots on either side)from the shutter and the shutter will come out the front. You are right that the shutter cocks on the first advance. My problem is that the shutter cocks before full movement of the advance. I am totally baffled...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration