Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon F-1 bottom covers Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Canon F-1 bottom covers « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wmeyer65
Tinkerer
Username: Wmeyer65

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 22, 2009 - 04:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anyone out there have the three covers that go on the bottom of this camera body? I understand that without them, light will leak in on the film.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 644

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, August 22, 2009 - 08:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I suppose you are talking about the three circular socket covers? Only the presence of the rewind cover - situated under the rewind knob - is critical to correct operation without motor drive or winder attached. A small rubber bung and then a length of black tape across all socket hole works well - one should not let dirt and debris into interior, hence tape.

You might find some small black plastic blanking plugs that will fit, as I'm afraid the metal originals are in the same category as 'hen's teeth'.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration