Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Flexaret 7 wind on interlock Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Flexaret 7 wind on interlock « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Walkersj
Tinkerer
Username: Walkersj

Post Number: 9

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, August 24, 2009 - 10:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My recently acquired Flexaret 7 sometimes locks the wind on knob after firing the shutter. If you jab the shutter button a few times then it will eventually unlock. I guess it's some sort of timing issue with the interlocks. Anyone have any advice as to what to look for? Presumably the left hand side of the camera has to be removed to access the mechanism? Does the wind on knob or anything have to be removed?

Tom_cheshire
Tinkerer
Username: Tom_cheshire

Post Number: 135

Posted on Monday, August 24, 2009 - 11:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you have to jab the shutter button a few times it sounds more like something is sticky in there and needs to be nudged so that would indicate a good cleaning is needed more than anything else and in the area of the shooting button, not the cranking wind mechanism.

Walkersj
Tinkerer

Post Number: 11

Posted on Monday, August 24, 2009 - 01:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would tend to agree that a CLA in that area is probably necessary. If anyone has any direct experience they could share I would be grateful, otherwise it's carefully peel off the leatherette time and look see.

Walkersj
Tinkerer

Post Number: 12

Posted on Friday, August 28, 2009 - 02:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well it was an adjustment needed. There is a round push rod that pushes the latch for the wind knob and this barely pushed it far enough for its latch to operate when you pushed the shutter button. The rod had wound wire stops, like tightly coiled springs around the rod and you could adjust it by moving these on the rod. After that I had to bend the shutter lever a little because that latch tripped before the knob interlock, but it seems to work reliably now.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration