Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Baldamatic III Shutter Disassembly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Baldamatic III Shutter Disassembly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hai
Tinkerer
Username: Hai

Post Number: 26

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, September 02, 2009 - 11:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How do I disassemble Baldamatic III's shutter? I removed the 4 screws from the back, and now the whole front piece moves, but it seems to be stuck near the meter setting wheel. Is there another screw to remove?

Hai
Tinkerer

Post Number: 27

Posted on Sunday, September 06, 2009 - 09:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

OK, I managed to do it and fix the shutter! If anyone reading this needs help with this camera, I am willing to help... you can email me to my yahoo address (my user there is "haiashkenazi")

Hovaness
Tinkerer
Username: Hovaness

Post Number: 80

Posted on Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 06:33 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need to do this disassembly too. Can you post the steps you followed to get it apart?

Hai
Tinkerer

Post Number: 29

Posted on Monday, September 28, 2009 - 08:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

1. remove the top cover(2 screws for the VF windows and 2 strap lugs which function as screws)
2. remove VF (3 screws + spring)
3. remove the plastic cogwheel (the one used for changing the aperture) and the metallic cogwheel beneath it (1 screw)
4. unscrew white coloured screw that holds the cocking ratchet
5. remove 4 long screw that hold shutter (accessed from the back of the camera - near spools)
6. Remove 2+4 screws to remove the shutter itself (see picture).
I would remember the aperture and speed before the disassembly and try not to move the wheels in the VF
(The final stage is not described fully. let me know if you need more accurate description)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration