Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon fd 100-200 f5.6 repair Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Canon fd 100-200 f5.6 repair « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Pechkin
Tinkerer
Username: Pechkin

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, September 06, 2009 - 08:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello everybody. I have bought used lens and have to clean it for it has a dust everywhere. First of all I have disassembled rear side and cleaned it. I have reassembled it and it works almost fine except one thing. The diaphragm doesn't stops. After disassembling I found out, that I don't know, how could it stop the diaphragm shutter. I have looked through the article
http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-161.html
My coupling ring differs from the ring painted in the article. Does anyone have repair manual on this lens? Or can anyone explain or paint how coupling ring should be positioned with apperture ring?
Thanks!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 659

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, September 08, 2009 - 04:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I take it that your lens is the nFD version - no silver breech ring and you removed three radially placed screws to remove mount. The inner 'finger' of the rear operating levers in the rear mount locate in the forks of the internal actuating ring/lever. When you locate the mount in the lens, you have to move the external lever on the rear mount so that they locate in the forks. Then, as you push the mount into the locating ring, you must rotate the circular inner part of the mount anticlockwise so that the rectangular release button locks in the demounted position.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration