Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Petri Color 35 scale focusing issue... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Petri Color 35 scale focusing issue... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Spanner
Tinkerer
Username: Spanner

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, October 05, 2009 - 08:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

All, I've just accquired a Petri Color 35. The camera is in good condition (there is a 'ding' on the filter ring I can live with). However, I also have a problem with the focusing scale in the viewfinder. I can't get the indicator to move past the 5m point when I rotate the focusing dial. The lens moves in and out of the body without any problems but once it gets past a certain poin the indicator stops...

Anyone come across this before or can offer any possible solutions. I'm prepared to do minor surgery if neccessary but don't want to just dive in end up doing more damage in the process!

I'm keen to get this working again as it's a great little design and would be a handy sized back up to my main camera.

Mikel
Tinkerer
Username: Mikel

Post Number: 173

Posted on Monday, October 05, 2009 - 07:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could be as simple as a film chip in the way.

You will need to get the top off to diagnose this.

I know I posted the removal of the top at some point. If you cannot find it in the archives, let me know and we will revisit the top removal.

It's a great design as you say so let's get it back to normal!

Harryrag
Tinkerer
Username: Harryrag

Post Number: 111

Posted on Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 01:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

it's here https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/forum/messages/6901/3781.html

Harryrag
Tinkerer
Username: Harryrag

Post Number: 112

Posted on Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 01:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

and here https://kyp.hauslendale.com/classics/forum/messages/13061/9488.html

Chenard
Tinkerer
Username: Chenard

Post Number: 34

Posted on Wednesday, October 07, 2009 - 07:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What a coincidence, I was just inside my Petri Color 35 yesterday morning! When you're turning the focusing wheel, there is a click stop when the lens passes through the infinity setting, which is very close to the 5m mark. I wonder if your example is getting stuck in this stop. Does the lens keep moving past this, with just the needle stopping, or does the lens only move freely up until this point?

While we're on the subject of Color 35's, does anybody know the method for setting the infinity focus, and/or adjusting the distance needle on this camera? Also, underneath the top cover there are two pots. The one on the right seems to adjust the meter sensitivity. What does the one on the left do? Battery check adjust?

Spanner
Tinkerer
Username: Spanner

Post Number: 4

Posted on Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 05:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Chenard,

Sounds like we may have similar issues here! Firstly I don't seem to have a click stop....I assume this is clearly felt whilst focusing using the wheel. The lens keeps moving until it's collapsed with only the needle stopping at approximately the 5m mark in the viewfinder.

I'm up to my eyes with moving at the moment but I'll try and sit down and take the top off and have a look around inside. I'm wondering if the dent on the filter ring is connected and maybe something has come loose.......

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration