Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica Auto 3 / C35 FD battery connec... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Konica Auto 3 / C35 FD battery connections « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kuuan
Tinkerer
Username: Kuuan

Post Number: 9

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, October 07, 2009 - 06:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Picked up a Konica C35 FD without meter operation, on opening sure enough the cables to the battery compartment are loose, not connected.
I am new to repairing cameras, now very curious if the meter will work, thus my questions:
Which cable should be connected to +, which one to - ?
there is a yellow cable running deep into the camera towards the lens, and a blue one running sideways, please see the photo below.

I did not dare to try out myself not sure if it would damage the camera if connected the wrong way around.

thank you for any input,
Andreas

P.S.:
sure I should be able to find the answer searching, but please let me also ask:
in case I get it to work, should I add a diode to cut the Voltage of the LR44 from 1.5 to 1.3? If so, what is the name of the diode, and how to connect it? after the + of the battery?
or better operate it with 1.5 Volt? If so, in which way to change the ISO setting on the camera to expose correctly?
thanks -

see the photo:
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Charlie
Tinkerer
Username: Charlie

Post Number: 218

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 04:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A #675 hearing aid bettery has a constant 1.4 volt output. Obtainable in most pharmacies, may need some shimming to fit properly.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration