Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Projector Stopped Spinning. Vintage 8... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Projector Stopped Spinning. Vintage 8mm Projector Need Help. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Acimag
Tinkerer
Username: Acimag

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 11:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Who and how do i get this fixed. We watched a movie. I hit rewind. and it stopped midway and never moved again. no snap, no burning smell, lights on motor sounds on just no action. It's an automatic projector that needs repair. im in NY but will ship. Any how to guides or anything I can do myself. I don't know the projector lingo.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 691

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 01:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

As you do not state which model/make (of the many hundreds out there) you have, your question is impossible to solve. However; from you description of what you can see and hear now, I am pretty sure that the drive belt has broken.

You should be able to simply remove the top casing or perhaps part of the base (depends on the actual model) and gain access to the motor pulley/shutter, feed mechanism pulley. Then it is a simple matter to fit a replacement belt - which you should be able to source via the web if nobody comes up with a source in NY. I am unable to help with a supplier of replacement belts or other spares, as I do not know the maker and live in the UK.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration