Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

My Minolta x-300 has only one shutter... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » My Minolta x-300 has only one shutter speed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nirk
Tinkerer
Username: Nirk

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 08:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello
I just got a X-300 replaced the batteries and I can take pictures. The thing is that no matter what shutter speed I choose the sound is the same (and as far as I can judge so is the exposure time). It is the same also in "B" or "A" modes.

besides that everything else seems fine (light meter and the mechanic stuff).

I read about the capacitor problem of the Minolta cameras from that time, but it seems to me like a different problem.
any clue?

Msiegel
Tinkerer
Username: Msiegel

Post Number: 142

Posted on Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 01:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

if it was the capacitor it would not release the shutter at all. When pressing the release the lights in finder would simply turn off and only go on again after turning the camera off and on again. I think I have a repair manual someplace on my other computer - I will have a look tomorrow in the troubleshooting session.
Or even better: You can download it from here:
http://www.geocities.com/eskoufos/fmm.html
Hope it helps
Martin

Nirk
Tinkerer
Username: Nirk

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, October 19, 2009 - 02:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks, I already found that manual and took a brief look at it. Seems like I'll have to preform quite a major operation on my camera.

My guess is the "c1-1" problam from the troubleshooting guide.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration