Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Contax 2 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Contax 2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Barnum
Tinkerer
Username: Barnum

Post Number: 136

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 10:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Back from holiday, and the job of replacing a shattered window on my Contax 2 is finished. Just as a pointer to anyone facing a similar job in the future, there is no need to tamper with the top plate. Once the screws are removed, the entire front panel can be teased out. As a further pointer, anyone going to China might consider taking sandwiches.....

Monopix
Tinkerer
Username: Monopix

Post Number: 50

Posted on Sunday, October 25, 2009 - 08:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"anyone going to China might consider taking sandwiches"

You obviously ate in the wrong places...

onastick

Barnum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 140

Posted on Monday, October 26, 2009 - 11:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You don't know the half of it! Appearing ad-nauseam...., Enough sticky rice to bed down a motorway. One dish appearing to be weed from the dankest depths of the black lagoon. Another appearing to have been eaten & then regurgitated. Song birds fried & on sticks, in the manner of an avian lollipop. And not a sign of a collectible chinese camera anywhere!
PPPhooey!

Monopix
Tinkerer

Post Number: 51

Posted on Monday, October 26, 2009 - 03:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"And not a sign of a collectible chinese camera anywhere! PPPhooey!"

It seemed to me (in Beijing) that every street market vendor had three or four Chinese cameras for sale. I looked at a Great Wall but it was in need of a lot of work as far as I could tell and he wanted too much money for it. It was just along from where I photographed the tasty morsels above.

Here's a few I saw...

cameras

Barnum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 141

Posted on Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 10:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

For the first and last time we were on a Last Man Standing non-stop whirlwind of guided tour. We made it to Beijing, but never went near a market of any kind. Make me feel better, and give an indication of the prices.......

Monopix
Tinkerer

Post Number: 52

Posted on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 01:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"give an indication of the prices"

Not sure about the ones shown but the Great Wall I looked at he wanted 600 Yuan (roughly 60 UK pounds or 100 US). I offered him 100 Yuan but he wasn't interested. Based on other things we bought it was usually possible to buy at around 50% of the starting price so he might have come down to 300 Yuan I guess but even that was too much given the condition.

Barnum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 144

Posted on Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 10:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, they are at times desperate for a deal. An etched reminder of our visit to the actual great wall began at 140 yuan, & finished up with the guy chasing after us for 40. I knew I was wishing for too much, in hoping I might find a Chinese-copy-leica!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration