Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konika Auto Reflex A film advance lev... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Konika Auto Reflex A film advance lever stuck « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Memberme
Tinkerer
Username: Memberme

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 07:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Help!! I have a Konica Auto Relex A that is in great condition. Started taking pictures the other day, took about 10 and the film advance lever stopped advancing. I can move it forward a little, but then it just stops. I removed the film to see if it would work without the film, and it will still not advance. I have tried a new battery and that is not the problem either. Any ideas??

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1003

Posted on Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 10:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nothing specific, but I have some disassembly sketches if you would like a copy. Sometimes this sort of thing can be from a screw coming loose inside and landing in the gears... you just have to go in and hunt for the cause.

Gez
Tinkerer
Username: Gez

Post Number: 154

Posted on Saturday, October 24, 2009 - 01:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The small spring that holds the wind-lock plate back could have fallen off. Take the base off and look near the bottom of the wind shaft. You should see a steel plate that engages with a cut-out section of the shaft. Use a small screw driver to push it out of engagement, then try moving the wind arm.
Freeing of the of the wind-lock mechanism at the completion of the release cycle is linked to the release of the mirror tensioning claw. A worn rubber bumper in the front panel often prevents the mirror tensioning mechanism latching and releasing properly, the camera jams up. Most Autoreflex A, T, and T2 models require this bumper replacing. They are 37 years old!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration