Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

SRT Meter Adjustment Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » SRT Meter Adjustment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harlee
Tinkerer
Username: Harlee

Post Number: 87

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, November 05, 2009 - 03:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a mint SRT MCII with a Minolta F1.2 lens. Comparing it with my other two Minoltas the meter appears to be around 2 F Stops underexposed. I've removed the base plate adjusted the meter reostate as far as it'll go but it appears to have picked up only 1/2 of the two F Stops. I've replaced the battery with a Zinc Air 1.4V, but I've run out of adjustment on the pot. Where do I go from here? Is it possible that this particular model is set up that way for a purpose? I replaced the lens with a F1.7 lens for testing to be in the same ballpark as my other Minoltas.

Denny
Tinkerer
Username: Denny

Post Number: 8

Posted on Thursday, November 05, 2009 - 06:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I haven't had that issue, but I have this site bookmarked. It may be the "mechanical" adjustment is due. Good Luck and hopefully this will be of help.

http://www.willegal.net/photo/srt/photo-srt.htm

Harlee
Tinkerer
Username: Harlee

Post Number: 88

Posted on Friday, November 06, 2009 - 11:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you Denny! I've downloaded the repair section and I know that will help me greatly. I've actually got 3 SRTs where the mirror stays up and 1 where the meter is out of adjustment and I do think this download will be very valuable.

Denny
Tinkerer
Username: Denny

Post Number: 9

Posted on Friday, November 06, 2009 - 02:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Glad to offer something. I have received so much help from the kind folks that lurk here, I was hoping that sometime I might have something to offer. Best of Luck.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration