Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica S2 Auto Query Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Konica S2 Auto Query « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Impman71
Tinkerer
Username: Impman71

Post Number: 11

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, November 13, 2009 - 03:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,
I have recently bought an S2 on Ebay which had a jammed shutter & aperture blades & no working meter.
Following a link on here I have got the aperture & shutter speeds & self timer to work after soaking in lighter fluid over night, rinsing with isopropyl alcohol & drying out.
I cleaned the battery terminals on the inside of the battery holder & the meter now seems to work, going up & down with varying light.
The problem I have is when I change shutter speeds (or asa), the light meter doesn't move accordingly on the aperture scale & just stays the same.
Also, in Auto mode the aperture is always wide open, regardless of what the meter says (or what the shutter speed is).
Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Colin
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nickon51
Tinkerer
Username: Nickon51

Post Number: 110

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, November 15, 2009 - 04:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm guessing that you mean a Konica Auto S2.
It might be worth checking the coupling from the shutter speed/film speed ring to make sure it has engaged the slot over the cds cell.
Move the film speed ring back and forth and you should see the slot in front of the cds cell change in width. Also as you change film speed the same should happen. Remove the thin retaining ring and take out the cds cell assy. Ensure that the brass tab from the silm speed ring engages the slot in the cds slot plate.
The aperture will not vary until the shutter is changed. The camera is not sensing this change and remains the same.
On auto the aperture is set by a trap needle mechanism and will not stop down until the shutter is pressed.
Cheers
Greg

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration