Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon F2 Prism glass interchangeability? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Nikon F2 Prism glass interchangeability? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Cooltouch
Tinkerer
Username: Cooltouch

Post Number: 39

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, November 14, 2009 - 08:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I own a Nikon F2 with a DE-1 Eye-Level (non metered) prism. Somehow, I managed to bump the thing at its apex. Must have been a pretty good bump because, while it put only a small ding in the top of the finder, it managed to put a small star-shaped fracture up at the top of the prism's glass. I noticed after the fact that the reason why this happened was because the prism appears to be loose inside the finder.

Anyway, I'd like to know what sort of interchangeability there is between F2 (and maybe even F?) finders. I'm thinking maybe I can pick up a thrashed DP-1 with busted meter and disect it, then transplant the prism into my only slightly bruised DE-1.

Ever done this before?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bossman
Tinkerer
Username: Bossman

Post Number: 107

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, November 15, 2009 - 09:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Please send me an e-mail Tuesday when I will be back on duty and I will see if I have a good prism for your F2. Art (www.flcamerarepair.com)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration