Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Need help - Zeiss Ikonta 521/2 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Need help - Zeiss Ikonta 521/2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Janos
Tinkerer
Username: Janos

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 10:52 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey there,

a couple of weeks ago I purchased an old Zeiss Ikonta 521/2 with a Novar-Anastigmat 11cm/4.5. The rewind knob was missing so I got it fairly cheap.
Yesterday I got how to dissable the (with the rewind knob missing now permanent locking) double exposure lock. Sadly at this point the shutter broke with no obvious reason.
Before it was already sticky and not properly working at the times 1/25sec and B, so I released the shutter a dozen times or so. This worked just fine, but suddenly nothing happened anymore.

So I tried to disessamble the lens, but after the front lens I cant see how to continue. Is anyone here familiar with these old cameras?
I really need some help. The Ikonta is simply too beautiful for letting it die like that.

http://i49.tinypic.com/156ford.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/2daahr6.jpg

Regards
Janos
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Scott
Tinkerer
Username: Scott

Post Number: 64

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, November 21, 2009 - 01:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just grasp that whole brass lens casing and unscrew it. Rubber gloves might help you grip it well. It is threaded into the shutter. When you pull that out, you will be able to see the ring that hold that other element in the casing.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration