Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon Pellix mirror replacement Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Canon Pellix mirror replacement « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Alanstarkie2001
Tinkerer
Username: Alanstarkie2001

Post Number: 10

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, November 23, 2009 - 03:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've been thinking of restoring a Canon Pellix but as you know, the pellicle mylar-film mirrors tend to degrade with time. Since the cost of Canon EOS RT's are at a reasonable price these days, and because they use the same type of pellicle, I'm thinking of buying a non-worker with good mirror to see if a transplant is possible. I did see a new original Pellix mirror for sale on eBay but it went for over $100 - possibly the last one in the world? Any thoughts?

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 1016

Posted on Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 09:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If the EOS-RT pellicle is not a perfect fit, and it seems unlikely, I'm not sure how you'll make it work. But I haven't ever tried it.

Alanstarkie2001
Tinkerer
Username: Alanstarkie2001

Post Number: 11

Posted on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 12:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I doubt that the EOS pellicle will be an exact fit but I've done a bit of research. In the days of the Pellix, factory repairs were relatively high for mirror damage. The EOS RT on the other hand had a low repair rate due to the improved technology. I think with a bit of ingenuity, it could be made to fit.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration