Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica 635 Lens swap? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Yashica 635 Lens swap? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeffegg2
Tinkerer
Username: Jeffegg2

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 01:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have the Yashica 635 with yashikor lenses, Do I have to modify to use the yashinon lenses? Has anyone done this swap? I know this has been done. I have a parts Yashica mat on the way to me that has yashinon lenses, so I can at least see how they are removed without worry, and I have the exploded diagram of the Yashica D.

Bossman
Tinkerer
Username: Bossman

Post Number: 110

Posted on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 06:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Have not done that but in my opinion, it should work without problems since the camera bodies are the same specs/wise. If you have a piece of ground glass, you may want to lay in on film plane and set shutter to "B" and check focus of "taking lens" after the swap. Art @ www.flcamerarepair.com

Scott
Tinkerer
Username: Scott

Post Number: 65

Posted on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 09:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here's a thread on this subject on the other forum:

http://photo.net/medium-format-photography-forum/00UZYo

I plan to try it myself, as soon as I get a good deal on a 635 or a D.

I'm no expert, but it seems to me the only critical thing would be if it is a different shutter (with different dimensions), then there might be a different distance between the lens elements. But I'm guessing they machineed the shutters to match the lens specs, and not vice-versa.

Chiccolini
Tinkerer
Username: Chiccolini

Post Number: 68

Posted on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 04:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What would you consider a fair/good price for these lenses? I have a D that I want to swap lenses on also. I found a guy selling these lenses but have no real idea if his prices are fair or not. Opinions appreciated.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration