Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Lynx 14 taper pin Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Yashica Lynx 14 taper pin « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Delvischeng
Tinkerer
Username: Delvischeng

Post Number: 12

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 08:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have dismantled my Lynx 14 all the way until I reached the back of the diaphragm. I felt frustrated because the taper pin was so tight and I have no idea how to remove it. I tried to push the pin on both directions but fail. I tried using the soldering gun to heat it up but the pin still stuck. Is there any better way to remove the pin or tool required? Please let me know. Thanks.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Harryrag
Tinkerer
Username: Harryrag

Post Number: 153

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 03:20 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That pin is conical, as you rightly say, and from your photo I would say the thinner end is facing towards the shutter center. Sometimes it can either be carefully hammered out using a very light watchmaker's hammer and a metal tube, a screw-nut or sth similar as a supporting counterfort or pressed out with long-nose pliers. In any case you have to be awfully careful not to bend the shaft.
But before you proceed, why the heck do you want to knock it down any further? Cleaning the shutter blades and the aperture blades from both sides is easy now, as the shutter can be cocked and released in that state, preferably on "B" which is default with no shutter cam plate installed and as long as the release lever kept in fully pushed position by means of a stretch of thin florist's wire.
Describe the problem you want to solve, maybe there is an alternative solution than the one you have in mind. I assume you are still tinkering on that same Lynx you were working on not so very long ago, so why are you creating a new thread every time?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration