Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica GX not winding on correctly Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2009 » Yashica GX not winding on correctly « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Lachlan
Tinkerer
Username: Lachlan

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, December 22, 2009 - 05:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi guys,

I'm having problems with a Yashica GX. It doesn't wind on film terribly well, if at all. Initially I had thought that the film spooling mechanism was driven from the film uptake spool, and the problem was that that was slipping too easily. Now I get the feeling that the film advancing is actually driven by the sprockets to the left of that spool (sorry if this is common knowledge, I'm new to this film game :P).
On my camera these do not move often if ever. I don't really suspect a stripped gear, as I believe all the internals moving parts to be metal, but something is obviously not working properly. The other possible related issue is that the film rewind button takes probably two advances to pop back out fully, rather than one, which I would have thought indicated something was at fault.
Does anyone have any insight into the issue, so I might guide a repairer and hopefully reduce my quote?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration