Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Hasselblad 1000f Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Restoration » Hasselblad 1000f « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Asaylor
Tinkerer
Username: Asaylor

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, April 23, 2009 - 09:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i'm doing a restoration on a hasselblad 1000f with some scratches, some surface and others are a little deeper.

ive tried a few things already, but what would you suggest?
i have a moderate selection of cleaners at my disposal, as well as a drimmel set.

Gez
Tinkerer
Username: Gez

Post Number: 74

Posted on Friday, April 24, 2009 - 02:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't use a Dremmel tool on any part that can be seen! For gently removing spots of corrosion a cotton tip soaked in vinegar works well on metal surfaces and is safe. For more stubborn marks I can recommend using one of those cheap battery powered manicure devices.

Sevo
Tinkerer
Username: Sevo

Post Number: 38

Posted on Saturday, April 25, 2009 - 04:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A Dremel with the right bits can be useful for polishing, but it is fast and hence can be very destructive...

Was the 1000f already aluminium alloy?

If so, there is not that much hat can be done on scratched aluminium. I'd limit myself to flattening out burrs and large scratches with small jewellers polishing irons, and bringing the finish to the original polish (or matting) with fine sanding paper.

It is practically impossible to fill in deep scratches in aluminium on camera body scale - alu solders have entirely different surface optics (eventually turning copper to black), and alu welding can hardly be done below 5mm seam with, and has a extremely high risk of blasting holes into materials of non-uniform wall strength. Besides, any punctual application of strong heat can warp and distort the part fatally - no viable option for cosmetic repairs.

If the body is chromed or nickeled steel or brass, it is theoretically possible to completely strip the camera, sand the old plating off affected parts, solder fill the scratches and re-plate the thing. Lots of work, though.

Chiccolini
Tinkerer
Username: Chiccolini

Post Number: 8

Posted on Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - 05:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Anyone know where to find a new shutter curtains for the 1000f?

Tom_cheshire
Tinkerer
Username: Tom_cheshire

Post Number: 61

Posted on Monday, July 13, 2009 - 08:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

In case anyone needs to know, the part numbers for the original Hasselblad shutter curtains, if you can find them, are part number 20817 & 20828.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration