Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon FT Battery Cover Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Restoration » Canon FT Battery Cover « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kac89
Tinkerer
Username: Kac89

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 04:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I just bought a Canon FT camera off ebay and it's really awesome. There's only one problem; There's no battery or batter cover screw thing on the side next to the film rewind crank. Does anyone know where I can find this? Any help would be great!
Thanks,
-Kevin
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 700

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 03:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Unless one of the Asia camera parts websites has one listed, I would search out a scrap FT/FTb. You could try asking the repair shops in your location as to what they have in the scrap bin, this has produced many cosmetic/exterior parts for me. The add-on low light meter kit for the FT/Pellix also uses these covers, many of these no longer function and can be found for peanuts - if you look.

Obviously other members of the Forum will have their favourite supplier of replacement 'lost' parts - no doubt they will provide details of possible sources in the US etc.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration