Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kodak Petite Cover Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Restoration » Kodak Petite Cover « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mirj
Tinkerer
Username: Mirj

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - 11:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I just bought a blue Kodak Petite in a pretty rough shape, but still beautiful though. I will have to do something about the rust on the metal parts and about the bellows, but to start with I'm looking for some advise of what to do with the cover. It is dry and fragile as dead leaves and almost falls apart when I touch it.

My first question is; does anyone know what material the cover of a Petite is made of? My guess is some kind of fabric, but it's hard to tell from looking at my camera.

Question no 2; how should i treat this material to make it softer and give it some durability?

I would prefer to keep the old cover than replacing it with a new, if it's possible...

Thankful for any advise!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration