Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rebuilding aperture blades for a 1915... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Restoration » Rebuilding aperture blades for a 1915ish Murer & Duroni camera « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

CrisMar (Radar119)
Tinkerer
Username: Radar119

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, September 10, 2022 - 03:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, this is my first post here.
I like restoring pre 1940 cameras, and I bought a pretty and uncommon italian one. Everything was seized and when I reached the aperture blades, disaster: one blade was broken, at least 5 have a crack and almost all of them are badly bent, like somebody tried to force unlock the mechanism. They look like all other aperture blades, metallic springy material with two pins either end. Has anybody tried successfully to repair/rebuild these blades? I looks like a scary and long job, but I really would like to have this beauty back to working status.
And remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

CrisMar (Radar119)
Tinkerer
Username: Radar119

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, September 30, 2022 - 10:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

At least I found something on the net, after A LOT of search. I looking for some material and I'll give it a try, even if my blades look a lot smaller than these, but still a starting point at least...

Here's the article if somebody is interested in it

https://richardhaw.com/2019/08/24/repair-fabricating-iris-blades/
And remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration