Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta AL Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Restoration » Minolta AL « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hderhut
Tinkerer
Username: Hderhut

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, September 24, 2010 - 12:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am recently retired and got interested in older rangefinders. I aquired a realy nice,at least cosmedically,Minolta 35.It was in a box that of cameras that said broken for repair only.
The only thing I can find wrong is a hole in the top plate.It looks like maybe a battery well,but no contacts.On the only pictures I can find it appears as a round silver cover between the meter window and the shutter release. Does any one know what goes there? If any one has a parts camera and is willing to part with that piece,I will pay a reasonable price.

Foto_gaga
Tinkerer
Username: Foto_gaga

Post Number: 42

Posted on Friday, September 24, 2010 - 02:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Looking at the pic. of the 35 AL I would say it was a porthole to reach in and adjust the rangefinder. Any decorative disc can be glued over the hole.

Does that shutter really work up at the 1/1000th mark? I heard they were had problems.

Hderhut
Tinkerer
Username: Hderhut

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 10:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I havn't had a chance to run any film through yet,but the shutter seems to work at all speeds.
You may be right about the rangefinder adjustment.There is a small screw head down there. Once I run some film I will know more and will post some pics.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration