Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

ICA Maximar 207 - help needed Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Restoration » ICA Maximar 207 - help needed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Msiegel
Tinkerer
Username: Msiegel

Post Number: 207

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 05:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,
Recently I got what I can only call the skeleton of an ICA Maximar 207 9x12cm folding plate camera. The goal I have set is to bring it back to live. The camera looks like an abandoned repair project. All the leatherette is gone as is the bellows. The rear focusing screen is missing. Shutter is not working. In short it looks like this:
http://martin_siegel.public1.linz.at/Skeleton/

For the beginning I think I need to know what is missing on the rear side of the camera. Unfortunately pics of those cameras with the focusing screen removed are difficult to find. I guess that there once were some kind of rails where the plate holders/film holders slide in (and the focusing back). If there were any they are gone without a trace how they looked like or how they were fixed to the body.

I would also need to know how the bellows was fastened on the camera side (is there some kind of frame?) on the shutter side I think there are some traces of the bellows left where it had been cut.

So if anyone happens to have some pics of that camera or a similar one (I think wooden backs where quite similar with e.g. all ICA models of that time) to give me the idea what the whole thing should look like I'd be grateful to see them. Especially interesting for me are pics of the back with focusing screen removed.
As I am at the beginning of the process and it's my first project of that kind any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance and
kind regards
Martin

Paul_ron
Tinkerer
Username: Paul_ron

Post Number: 231

Posted on Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 04:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check this out...
http://photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/00TIbo

I'm looking for a 120 roll film back for mine... anyone have a spare?

Msiegel
Tinkerer
Username: Msiegel

Post Number: 208

Posted on Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 02:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks a lot for the link. Interesting conversion of the Maximar. I will try to contact the author of the article.
Rgds
Martin

Roltmarts
Tinkerer
Username: Roltmarts

Post Number: 1

Posted on Friday, May 06, 2011 - 07:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Smart cameras & Photo for Your Selection
http://www.tmart.com/

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration