Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Leitz Hektor 5cm f/2.5 HELP! Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Restoration » Leitz Hektor 5cm f/2.5 HELP! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Eskimogus
Tinkerer
Username: Eskimogus

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2011 - 04:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hey Guys
Found a Leitz Hektor 5cm f/2.5 recently
and had some paint chips between some elements
so i opened it up and cleaned it,
except i somehow moved the Aperture diaphram and it fell out,

Can somehow explain how to put each aperture blade back in the correct position?

I tried several times, and couldn't
Thanks!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Old_school
Tinkerer
Username: Old_school

Post Number: 122

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, September 02, 2011 - 09:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

E: It has been a while, but first make sure the blades are clean, oil, fingerprint free & the platform also clean. Start with one blade & then layer them on one at a time in full open position. The trick is when you get all the way around holding the pivot of the first in place when installing the ones overlapping it. I use a number 7 fine point tweezers as they are curved & you can get the blades into position with a view of what you are doing. It is a matter of just being patient & keep trying till you get them all installed. The other thing is the actuating ring has to line up so it lines up & some times you have to just do it several time to get it right. You may have to pivot into the center the the last blades to get to the pivot holes. I do not know of an easy way, but have seen a vacuum stage set up, but have not done it that way. May be some of the other techs can contribute to this for their input.
Good luck, just don't be in a hurry & put it aside if you get deterred & try again another day.
The Best Mike.....

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration