Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Electro 35 Chrome Finish Light Scratches Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Restoration » Electro 35 Chrome Finish Light Scratches « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Theidealist
Tinkerer
Username: Theidealist

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 13, 2012 - 03:30 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have been looking around this site for ways on how to remove scratches in the satin chrome finishes commonly found in vintage cameras. I personally have an Electro 35 with some light scratches on it. The kind where the chrome that was scratched is more shiny than the rest of the finish. It seems more smooth and reflective than the "satin" it is supposed to be. I have a few other cameras which could use a touch-up as well. Hopefully this won't require any abrasives or a heavy polish?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 194

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 08:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, "bright marks" on chrome. No way to remove those. It is not like you want to polish these away. More like, you would want to add more "dirt" to get the "bright marks", as they are called, to tone down to the same sheen as the rest of the chrome.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration