Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Argus C3 shutter speed dial alignment Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Restoration » Argus C3 shutter speed dial alignment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ismaelg
Tinkerer
Username: Ismaelg

Post Number: 78

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2012 - 02:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

Sorry for not been very active in the forum for a while. Work and family are keeping me very busy and conspire against my hobbies :-)

I just got an Argus C3 that seems to be in working order. The shutter speed dial is offset a bit. It stops beyond the 300 indication so I think that is where the 300 should be.
Here is a pic of what I mean:
http://images20.fotki.com/v422/photos/4/1233394/11094946/IMGP5330-vi.jpg

How is this realigned? Just unscrew it in the middle and reposition? I'm asking first because it seems to be working properly.

Thanks,
Ismaelg

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 219

Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2012 - 04:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I pop off the numbered ring and glue it back properly aligned. :-)

Ismaelg
Tinkerer
Username: Ismaelg

Post Number: 79

Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2012 - 05:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That sounds easier than I thought!
Thanks!

Mr_flibble
Tinkerer
Username: Mr_flibble

Post Number: 85

Posted on Monday, October 15, 2012 - 01:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The way the mechanism sets the shutter speed isn't particularly accurate, so I doubt the current offset has a major influence on the speeds though.

If you really want to you can do what Finnegan suggests.
Or as you say loosen the center screw on the dial and adjust. You might have to remove the front cover from the camera if you're having problems tightening it up again though.

Good luck :-)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration