Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Wanted: Repairman for Fujica V2 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Swap Zone » Wanted: Repairman for Fujica V2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nurlewis
Tinkerer
Username: Nurlewis

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, December 08, 2009 - 08:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently purchased this Fujica V2 camera from ebay. The shutter was stuck and the aperture seemed sticky. Soon after playing with the aperture, it was stuck also. Decided to open it up (this was my first try ever doing something like this), but I don't have all the tools. I've now got the lens in several parts and can't go further. I feel defeated. I'm looking for someone willing to fix it up for me. I have some cameras I could part with as payment (Yashica Electro 35 GSN (working) or Nikon N70 body). Or I could pay with money. Any help would be appreciated.

Tom_cheshire
Tinkerer
Username: Tom_cheshire

Post Number: 212

Posted on Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 04:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How much did you pay for it on eBay?

Nurlewis
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 03:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I paid $35.

Elwrongo
Tinkerer
Username: Elwrongo

Post Number: 47

Posted on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 08:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have one of these, I find them very attractive cameras. I've not worked on one though. I wouldn't imagine it would be too difficult though. Where are you located? Postage will be the killer.

Nurlewis
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Monday, December 14, 2009 - 04:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I live in Nashville, TN, USA. The main problem was that the front of the lens was slightly bent, so it took a lot of brute strength to unscrew the first part off. I need a special tool to get to the next part and I'm afraid that I'll have trouble getting it off because of the bent lens front. I went through the back and cleaned up the shutter, but I can't get to the front. I want to also clean the aperture blades, but they are stuck wide open. Maybe I have to just work up the courage to tinker with it a bit more.

Ronaldj23
Tinkerer
Username: Ronaldj23

Post Number: 1

Posted on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 07:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You might want to try Mark Hama (his ship is just outside Atlanta). He does excellent work on most cameras of this era but you'll have to be prepared to pay ~ $110.00 plus return shipping. I've send several vintage rangefinders to him and he turns them around quickly and even gave me a call on one. He will also quote you a price (since this is more than a simple CLA). Just google him for his website...regards and good luck. You have to be prepared to spend more than the camera is worth but that is common for repairs involving this type of camrea...RJ

Tom_cheshire
Tinkerer
Username: Tom_cheshire

Post Number: 224

Posted on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 07:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've said it before. I'll say it again.

http://www.spts.com/spts-01.htm

David_nebenzahl
Tinkerer
Username: David_nebenzahl

Post Number: 12

Posted on Monday, December 21, 2009 - 01:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I know you're asking for outside help here, but are you sure you don't want to try fixing it yourself?

* You don't have much invested in it.
* You don't need that many tools to fix cameras (spanner wrenches are one of the few essential items, and they don't cost all)that much).
* It can be fun. (Well, when it's not frustrating, that is.)
* A successful camera repair gives one a great sense of satisfaction.

If you do decide to tackle this as a DIY project, there are folks here who know a lot about camera repair and who'd be happy to help you along.

Nurlewis
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 10:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll have another go at it soon. There's not much available about this camera so I'm sure I'll have more questions. Thanks again.

Harryrag
Tinkerer
Username: Harryrag

Post Number: 163

Posted on Saturday, January 02, 2010 - 02:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That camera is by no means easy, it has some quirks and pitfalls, but this thread in this section of the forum does not allow for details. Maybe you can open a new one in Maintenance & Repair.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration