Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Has anybody got a box of Voigtlander ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Swap Zone » Has anybody got a box of Voigtlander bits..? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rover90
Tinkerer
Username: Rover90

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, April 04, 2011 - 01:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi guys,

I recently bought a beautiful little Voigtlander Vito B - the early, small viewfinder version. It's an absolute minter, except for one small thing... The threaded insert that screws into the tripod bush is missing. This is only a problem because it stops me from screwing it securely into its erc.

I'd really like to find one of these inserts, and if anyone can help me I'd be very grateful.

Thanks for looking!

Roger

Msiegel
Tinkerer
Username: Msiegel

Post Number: 233

Posted on Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 06:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Roger,

I just had a look at the one from my Vitomatic. The part you are looking for is a simply screw in tripod bushing reducer. The older tripod screw was 3/8" while the newer standard is 1/4" Back in the 60ies both types were commoun so Voigtländer was kind enough to have the adapter already mounted.
So what you are looking for is something like this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/TRIPOD-BUSH-THREAD-ADAPTOR/dp/B00131LE1O/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_ 2?ie=UTF8&qid=1302352515&sr=8-2-fkmr2

Those should be available from camera stores. I tried on my Vitomatic and the universal type as shown in the link works fine. Those new ones have a slot that lets you use a small coin to unscrew it while the original Voigtländer one needs a screwdriver. So if you only want to restore functionality a new one should do fine.

Hope it helps
Martin in Austria

P.S. Please note the link to an online store is for illustration purposes only -

Rover90
Tinkerer
Username: Rover90

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 - 10:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Martin,
Thank you so much for your response. I'm really sorry I haven't been able to reply before - I work freelance, and a contract came up that took me away until yesterday.
Anyway... Now I know they're readily available, and not a 'unique' Voigtlander component, I'll order one!
Thanks again, and have a great Easter.
Best wishes
Roger

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration