Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Replacement Robot II Film Cassettes N... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Swap Zone » Replacement Robot II Film Cassettes Needed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Heywood
Tinkerer
Username: Heywood

Post Number: 9

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, April 11, 2011 - 08:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Robot II pre-WW2 version, I was lucky in that it came with both film cassettes. They didn't modify the Robot until the IIa which was post-WW2 to accept standard 35mm film canisters. This isn't a leica so theres not hundreds of these cassettes listed on e-bay. There has to be some alternative but this is the first camera I have had to use the film cassettes so i don't know whats compatible.

I see there are leica cassettes and I believe agfa too. Does anyone know of an alternative and/or have any to sell ? I'll take original Robot ones if you have those but i'd rather have 10 extras of an alternative then only 2 extras of Robot

Silversurfer
Tinkerer
Username: Silversurfer

Post Number: 35

Posted on Monday, April 11, 2011 - 05:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, I too have a Robot ll but not so lucky to get it with cassettes. I had to eventually buy one for £25.00 from a dealer in USA and another from ebay in UK at £10.00. They are unique to the mk.ll model (and you will notice are L & R handed).
The mk 1, I believe is different to mk ll. The lla does use just a RH cassette....you might find hens teeth easier to locate! They are not at all like Agfa rapide or Leica or Contax etc.
I did see one on a dealers stall in Wolverhampton in February...but don't remember the dealer.Look after yours!!! silversurfer

Heywood
Tinkerer
Username: Heywood

Post Number: 10

Posted on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 01:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thats so depressing. I was looking for a ROBOT for the longest time and this one happened to popup on e-bay, ending late on a Sunday night so I got it for a good price. I like the pre-WW2 look as i'm not fond of some of the goofier names/badges in the post-WW2 era. I was really hoping to find a similar cassettes that would be adaptable. I suppose I'll just have to look for a IIa post-war. At least what that i can use regular 35mm film in it's case. If i look to boy more legit ROBOT cassettes I'll end up spending more on those then I did on the camera.
Thanks for the insight

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration