Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ikonta C 521/2 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Swap Zone » Ikonta C 521/2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 123

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 25, 2011 - 06:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Need the lever that goes from the back of the bellows to the shutter/lens mount, and fits in the front door of the camera. Any one got a spare? Or a junk body?

PF

Br1078lum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 127

Posted on Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 07:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Found a donor body.

PF

Samuel
Tinkerer
Username: Samuel

Post Number: 1

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 07:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have exactly the same problem with my Zeiss IKON Ikonta 521/2 on what is otherwise a sound useable camera.Any hints on where I might find the missing part or might it even be possible to make one?

Br1078lum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 132

Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 08:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Samuel,

It turns out that the lever is a pressed plate, formed and pinned. I'll post some photos when I get back to working on it. Too many distractions lately what with all the Something Something Photography events going on. Got your PM, and I'll send you the pics soon. It doesn't look like something anything less than a skilled metalsmith could make, what with all the curves and hole placements entailed. Easier to get a junked body and swap it in.

I wound up with a Nettar 515/2, and it was a bit of a surprise to me how the action really worked. I was going to make my own, but it never would have functioned correctly with my design.

PF

Samuel
Tinkerer
Username: Samuel

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, August 22, 2011 - 01:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

PF,

Thanks.I look forward to seeing your pictures.Should I include a Nettar in the search to provide the part?

Samuel

Br1078lum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 133

Posted on Monday, August 22, 2011 - 07:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Samuel,

Yes, a Nettar will work just as well as the Ikonta, since they are very similar in construction. The Nettars didn't have the double-exposure prevention, and came with a different viewfinder and film winding. But the shutter release is the same.

PF

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration