Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

I need the Screw on for my German SLI... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Swap Zone » I need the Screw on for my German SLICK Tripod. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rgb_mike
Tinkerer
Username: Rgb_mike

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 03:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Believe me I know how rare this German made SLICK
Tripod is. The head has the rubberized pad made on to the head. However the part that will attach
the Camera to the pad screws into the tripod hole
then a slug 7/8" long & a little smaller than a penny around. This goes into a hole in the center of the rubber pad.
The screw & slug are all made from
one piece. A groove made onto the slug is caught by a flat piece made like a cam. A handle is on
the outside this comes out straight then folds in
after you turn the lever, pulling the camera body
tight against the pad. The body of the main part of the head is finnished in black like a quility
Microscope. I only know the friend I bought it from was in many Countries & it came in a real
leather bag with SLICK on the outside. It was a real slick Monopod while I had it but without the
piece it would be costly for a machinest to make
me another.

Thanks for reading my post.
Mike

Mike_rgb
Tinkerer
Username: Mike_rgb

Post Number: 57

Posted on Monday, January 16, 2012 - 09:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know who Finnigan is but I have been trying to remove this post I am mike_rgb

Mike_rgb
Tinkerer
Username: Mike_rgb

Post Number: 58

Posted on Monday, January 16, 2012 - 09:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I believe that this SLICK head is not too common so the best Idea is to have a machine shop cut me a new piece 1 or 2.
Thanks all for your good advice.
Cheers Mike

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration