Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

WTS: Sears KS-2 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Swap Zone » WTS: Sears KS-2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

This_is_nascar
Tinkerer
Username: This_is_nascar

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 08:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you for allowing me to join this forum. I've been stuggling finding a place to ask about this. I have a Sears KS-2 camera that's in excellent to mint condition that I'd like to sell. I got this many many years ago, used it a few times and it's been sitting ever since. I also have a wide-angle lens and zoom lens that comes with it. Like I said, I'd like to sell it, but have no idea what a fair price would be. I want it to be a good deal for the buyer and I, but don't want to get screwed either. I'm asking you experts what you'd think this would be worth and what I should ask for a selling price. I don't have pics as of yet, but like I said, it's the camera and stock lens, flash and I have the zoom lens and wide-angle lens, along with the think you attach to snap the picture.

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 123

Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 11:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have been trying to sell mine with flash, case, and a zoom lens over at eBay but no success. I list them at $20. When I was fortunate enough to sell one, the camera jammed on me as I tested it before packing it to ship. I finally gave up on trying to sell them and decided to wear the others out myself.

I think you might have some success selling the wide angle lens alone or the "stock" lens (50mm right?) since they are K mount and can be used on digital SLR but, since they are actually made by Ricoh, they have an extra "pin" that needs to be disabled or it will jam on some K mount cameras and the lens won't be able to be removed.

One90guy
Tinkerer
Username: One90guy

Post Number: 17

Posted on Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 03:31 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ebay can be a challenge. I can buy a $50 camera today and tomorrow it want sale for $10. This is nascar I might be interested, when you decide on a price let it be know.
I have tryed Polaroid conversions and rebuilding Argus but it reached a point if I broke even I felt good.

David

This_is_nascar
Tinkerer
Username: This_is_nascar

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, February 27, 2012 - 12:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well David, that's what I'm trying to figure out, a fair price to charge for everything. I guess I'm a bit disappointed, thinking this package had to be worth a few hundred, at least :-). You willing to make me a fair offer? Obviously, you'd want some pics before committing, but if this entire package is only worth $50 or so, it's not worth my effort and costs to ship it. Like I said, I'm open to offers and suggestions. Also, thanks for your replies guys.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration