Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Prontor-SV Blade Pusher Spring Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Swap Zone » Prontor-SV Blade Pusher Spring « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 304

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 12:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Got an Agfa Solinette (II) from a friend who dismantled most of the shutter, then couldn't figure out how to put it back together. So I wound up with it. Got the shutter back together in about a half hour (including cleaning the escapement and timer), then I found out why he tore it down. The spring on the bottom of the main lever that puts tension on the blade pusher was broken, and the shutter would not open unless it was 180 degrees from vertical. Then the blade pusher would fall in place, and do it's job. Otherwise, it would miss the pusher post, and hit the sync, bending the sync all out of shape.

I was able to get the sync back in some kind of shape, but it really should be replaced. And I'm no good at making springs, especially thin ones. And I don't know what the final shape of the spring is anyway, because that part was missing when I got the disassembly. So I could use the sync, and the blade pusher spring from an Agfa Solinette with the 3.5/50 Apotar in a Prontor-SV shutter. Or a shutter with those parts still attached, if you don't want to tear one down. Don't need the escapement or timer.

The spring in question, and my feeble attempt to make a replacement.

Thanks,

PF

Brcamera
Tinkerer
Username: Brcamera

Post Number: 175

Posted on Friday, May 11, 2012 - 05:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phil,
Send me a PM, I have most parts for Compur shutters available as new old stock and I'm pretty sure I can locate this spring..
Bill

Br1078lum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 305

Posted on Friday, May 11, 2012 - 07:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

PM sent.

PF

Br1078lum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 306

Posted on Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 06:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bill, I'll have to get you some better photos of what I'm talking about.

PF

Hanskerensky
Tinkerer
Username: Hanskerensky

Post Number: 189

Posted on Monday, May 14, 2012 - 03:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Phil, just had a look but i don't have spareparts for the Prontor-SV. But found an image showing were that spring is situated.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 307

Posted on Monday, May 14, 2012 - 10:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That would be the culprit, Hans. Thanks. I'm also glad to see the shape of the cut-out in the hook is the same as mine. I was afraid it might be worn.

PF

Br1078lum
Tinkerer

Post Number: 318

Posted on Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 06:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Bill, neither of your parts match the ones I need. Too much variation in these shutters when the sync is in a different place.

PF

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration