Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Argus C-3 Case Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Swap Zone » Argus C-3 Case « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

One90guy
Tinkerer
Username: One90guy

Post Number: 34

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 05, 2012 - 04:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Would anyone happen to have a intact lower case for the Argus? Just reworked one and would like to start carrying it. I would gladdy pay postage to 77521, thank you.

David

Hollenbj
Tinkerer
Username: Hollenbj

Post Number: 78

Posted on Monday, August 06, 2012 - 11:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, my guess is many of us have C3 stuff, but where to find it among the piles and boxes. I'll look. I saw a box of leather cases in the hall closet...start there. I know I have multiple c3 cases, not sure the condition. You were talking about a C3, right?

Francis_in_vt
Tinkerer
Username: Francis_in_vt

Post Number: 9

Posted on Monday, August 06, 2012 - 12:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is a very good group at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arguscg/

If for any reason you can't get in write to Ron Norwood
norwoodr&[email protected] you will find all the information and more on Argus Cameras.

One90guy
Tinkerer

Post Number: 35

Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 06:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you Hollenbj, I understand about the piles and boxs. Over the past year Ive sold and traded off most of my cameras, the collector bug got me about 5 years ago. I would go to the closet to get a camera and then it was 35mm or med format, manual or af. Im down to 2 manual 35mm, 1 med format tlr and 2 manual range finders. And a couple of broken range finders. But I am working on a darkroom:^)

One90guy
Tinkerer

Post Number: 36

Posted on Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 06:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you Francis, have made contact with the Argus group. Been offered one but its a couple of weeks out. Wanting to take the camera on a outing next weekend. Patience I lack, one of many flaws:^)

Hollenbj
Tinkerer

Post Number: 81

Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 11:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, I found one of the boxes of leather camera cases. Stuff I forgot I had in there...Rollei TLR case, Rollei SL35 case, Exakta case, lots of Kodak whatever cases, Hmm, a Minolta Himatic case, and a few Argus cases. I have one for C4, C3, and some kind of TLR. I think I have another box in the garage with the C44 case and probably some more C3 cases.

The C3 case I have here is surprisingly nice. So many of these leather cases show a bit of wear and loose/missing stitching. This one doesn't look like it went out of the house much.
C3 case

Hollenbj
Tinkerer

Post Number: 82

Posted on Wednesday, August 08, 2012 - 11:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Forgot to mention, the case is available. I'd love to trade something for it: I need filters for my rangefinders in 40mm (yes that exists), 40.5mm, 43mm, 44mm (yes, that too exists), and Series VI. I'm looking for black and white filters such as Y12 (yellow) or green or red, but mostly I'm looking for the yellow.

If you don't have anything for trade, that's fine too. Its more about the spirit of supporting us "old camera nuts".

One90guy
Tinkerer

Post Number: 37

Posted on Thursday, August 09, 2012 - 09:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That is a real nice looking case. The only yellow filters I have are the #5's which I use for the Argus.
I have several nice Argus lens plus spares parts. Also odds and ends of Yashica MG-1 and GSN's. And Olympus OM-10 bits, would any of these be of help? Also a few bits from the Polaroid 100 pack film cameras and Polaroid 110 body parts.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 351

Posted on Friday, August 10, 2012 - 09:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I gave up on looking for 40mm filters, and got an Ednalite 40mm-Series VI adapter. It's the number 617 adapter if you peruse the large auction site. I would imagine they have one in 44mm too, though I don't have a cross reference to know what the number would be. 40.5, and 43 aren't too rare, though the 43's are harder to find in more than one type at a time. Don't overlook the orange filter, it gives wonderful results without blacking out the sky.

PF

Hollenbj
Tinkerer

Post Number: 83

Posted on Saturday, August 11, 2012 - 02:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have just 1 filter in 40mm. Came with my Canon 50/1.8 LTM. Its a UV filter from Walz.

I have a step up ring (40 to 40.5) so I should be able to find filters. I've just been busy and lazy and haven't located any. The 44mm filter size is actually the same size as series VI (6) retaining ring. So, the series VI adapter acts as a step up ring there. Problem is the lens I want to use this on would prefer a fitted filter.

Yes, orange would be great too. How many stops to that guy?

Hollenbj
Tinkerer

Post Number: 84

Posted on Saturday, August 11, 2012 - 02:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

One90Guy, send me a PM and we can work out shipping details.

I'm also looking for 39mm rear lens caps (found on LTM lenses and enlarging lenses); and the thing I'm most in need of right now is an accessory viewfinder for 35mm focal length (or variable that covers 35). In which case, we negotiate something that includes the C3 case and more.

One90guy
Tinkerer

Post Number: 39

Posted on Monday, August 20, 2012 - 05:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Shout out for Hollenbj, he sent me a great case for my C-3. Thanks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration