Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Argus Minca/Delco 828 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Swap Zone » Argus Minca/Delco 828 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Connealy
Tinkerer
Username: Connealy

Post Number: 62

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 09:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Argus Minca/Delco 828

I found an Argus Minca at a yard sale recently. No chips in the bakelite. I cleaned the two-element lens and the shutter which now works well. The camera isn't going to make any pictures for me though unless I can find some missing parts:

• Small round lens at the back of the viewfinder

• Two 828 film reels

• 828 backing paper

• Argus logo

This camera might be of more interest to a collector. If I can't find the parts needed, I would be willing to trade it for something else that is interesting and shootable.

Francis_in_vt
Tinkerer
Username: Francis_in_vt

Post Number: 10

Posted on Friday, October 12, 2012 - 12:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Contact Ron Norwood of the Argus Collectors Group.
norwoodr&[email protected]

He knows all about Argus and 'might' even have some of what you are looking for.
Nice looking camera.

Br1078lum
Tinkerer
Username: Br1078lum

Post Number: 403

Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 05:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You can cut 828 size paper out of 120 size film rolls. And you can sometimes pick up an 828 Kodak Pony for next to nothing with the take-up reel still intact. Don't know where to source the logo and viewfinder lens. Could it have been plain glass?

PF

Connealy
Tinkerer

Post Number: 65

Posted on Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 10:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'll check with the Argus group.
The viewfinder definitely needs a lens in the back to focus. I guess I could just point and hope and get reasonably close to framing the subject. I am curious about the images that might come from the camera. The lens has two elements, which is pretty rare in this type of camera. Also, the camera was designed by Gustave Fassin who was responsible for the Argus A and the C3.

Dcluley
Tinkerer
Username: Dcluley

Post Number: 9

Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 01:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I believe the Delco version was made by another company that bought the dies from Argus, so it isn't actually missing the logo.

Connealy
Tinkerer

Post Number: 67

Posted on Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 08:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think you are right about the logo. I saw a photo this evening of Mark O'Brien's Delco 828 that was also lacking the logo.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration