Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss Ikon Maximar A Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Swap Zone » Zeiss Ikon Maximar A « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Connealy
Tinkerer
Username: Connealy

Post Number: 68

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, November 05, 2012 - 11:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm looking for a 120 roll film back to fit a 6x9 KW Patent Etui. I have a Rada film back, but the rails are too thick to fit.

I would be willing to trade my Maximar Model A plate camera. It is missing the fluid in the level, but it in otherwise good shootable condition. There is an article with more photos of the camera at my vintage cameras web site.

Maximar A

Connealy
Tinkerer

Post Number: 69

Posted on Monday, November 05, 2012 - 03:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you have the roll film back I'm looking for but don't need the Maximar, I am willing to pay a reasonable price for the back.

From what I have seen there is a Rollex back that is the most likely candidate to match up with the Patent Etui. I would appreciate any information about other alternatives.

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 240

Posted on Monday, November 05, 2012 - 05:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There was another back that competed with Rada. That was the Suydam. I had one. Sorry I sold it. Now I have a Venus back from Hansa of Japan but I need it for my Recomar 18. I'm still looking for an original dark slide for the Venus. I think the Venus is pretty rare. I didn't even know the Japanese made these things until I found this one. I like your Maximar. Do you want to swap it for something else?

Connealy
Tinkerer

Post Number: 70

Posted on Monday, November 05, 2012 - 05:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've got a Recomar that works a little more smoothly than the Maximar. With that and the Etui I don't really need a third plate camera. I'd be willing to swap the Maximar for something else, though I'm not really short of cameras. I might be interested in any lenses or accessories for the Retinas or the Russian 35mm cameras. I'm also looking for a shutter for a Kodak Pocket 1A with the 6.3 lens.

Hanskerensky
Tinkerer
Username: Hanskerensky

Post Number: 232

Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2012 - 03:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The thickness of a Suydam is about 2,2mm. It varies a little because it's just stamped and bended metal so no strict tolerances.

A photo of the Suydam can be seen here : Suydam Rollfilm Adapter

That photo is part of a Flickr Set.

Hanskerensky
Tinkerer
Username: Hanskerensky

Post Number: 233

Posted on Tuesday, November 06, 2012 - 03:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The thickness of a Suydam is about 2,2mm. It varies a little because it's just stamped and bended metal so no strict tolerances.

A photo of the Suydam can be seen here : Suydam Rollfilm Adapter

That photo is part of a Flickr Set.

Connealy
Tinkerer

Post Number: 71

Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 08:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks for the measurement information on the Suydam. I take it that the 2.2mm refers to the narrow rim of the adapter that slides into the back of the camera. That would be way too big for the Etui. My Rada measures 1.5mm and that is also too big. I just measured my ground-glass back for the Etui and find that it is about 0.5mm in thickness. There is a little play in the fit, but a back's rim could not be much thicker than 0.5mm.

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 241

Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 10:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I only have the shutters with f5.6 and f7.7 lenses.

Connealy
Tinkerer

Post Number: 72

Posted on Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 11:36 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What I'm looking for is a Kodex No.1 shutter with speeds of T,B,25 and 50. The apertures go from f6.3 to f45. The lens on mine is a Kodak Anastigmat with two elements in front and one behind the shutter. The front opening for the lens is 28mm in diameter. It is possible that different lenses would work, but I'd like to stick with the stock setup as the camera is otherwise in perfect condition except for missing the shutter blades.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration