Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon T50 electrics Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » Canon T50 electrics « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Colinrose7
Tinkerer
Username: Colinrose7

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, December 24, 2008 - 03:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi folks, Does anyone have any reference that could show me where the orange wire goes to above the pentaprism from the front right hand side (viewed from front) as I have a faulty T50 that shows P in the viewfinder but otherwize is inoperable although immaculate. It would be nice to get it fully functional. A photo of one intact would be great or a rough sketch. Thanks in anticipation. CR

Don
Tinkerer
Username: Don

Post Number: 46

Posted on Monday, December 29, 2008 - 01:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Don't know if it will help but I have a wiring diagram for the T70. If interested,email [email protected]

Frank
Tinkerer
Username: Frank

Post Number: 9

Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 08:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Colin,
If need a "physical" description of that connection, I have one apart now and that description follows:
At the top, with the camera facing towards you, there are seven wires connected on opposite sides of the "peak". At the front: red on the left, white on the right. in the middle: yellow on the left, orange on the right. Towards the rear: yellow on the left and yellow on the right and at the extream rear is purple.
The orange wire is routed to the bottom of the camera and connects to a small printed circuit board located on the right side, with the camera turned upside down, with the lens facing away from you. There is a space in the frame, with seven wires coming to the board from the front of the camera. With the camera still upsided down and the lens facing away: the wires are, from right to left: yellow, white, orange, purple, red and black. The orange wire is the other end of the same orange wire from the top of the pentaprism.
If you need the schematic, I'm sorry but, I can't help with that.
Hope this helps.....

Best Regards,
Frank....

Frank
Tinkerer

Post Number: 10

Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 08:17 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Correction:
There are SIX wires coming to the board from the front of the camera, not seven. The "color sequence" in my original post is correct.

Sorry for any confusion....

Colinrose7
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 10:49 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Frank,
Thanks for the response, sorry for this tardy reply; unfortunately we lost our old (14+) Alsation just after Xmas, she will be sorely missed, and on New Years eve she was joined by the Bro.-in-law who had another stroke and passed away at only 54 (lack of exercise, overweight and smoked). The problem is that this orange wire has become detached above the P.prism and is otherwise fine. The difficulty is knowing where it should go to, it's length suggest 2-3 possibilities and there is only one place where a lump of solder suggests it came from. The Camera was re-assembled so it may be beneficial to restrip off the top and send you a photo, or if you could send me a photo of yours with all the wires attatched that would be immensely helpful?
My email address is [email protected] if that helps? Thanks again, Colin Rose.

Frank
Tinkerer

Post Number: 11

Posted on Sunday, January 04, 2009 - 06:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Colin,
Very sorry to hear of yours losses.....
I sent you an e-mail with photos attached.

Regards,
Frank....

Colinrose7
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Friday, February 20, 2009 - 06:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My thanks to those who were able to offer assistance. However I think the problem must lay elsewhere and service manuals for these are difficult to find. There is an LED visible in the viewfinder and the camera is able to beep but the shutter is not cocked and nothing else happens. I would assume that there is probably another wire off or the motor has ceased to function; no doubt this advances the film and cocks the shutter. It will have to await more information and time. If anyone could let me have a reference for the manual I would be most appreciative. I have one for the t70. Thanks again folks, Colin Rose

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration