Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yachica Minister Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » Yachica Minister « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Bill_alexander
Tinkerer
Username: Bill_alexander

Post Number: 13

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, December 28, 2008 - 12:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just won a camera on e-bay..decribed as working
from a cosmetic view the camera is clean..however Upon closer inspection the shutter seemed to fire
on one speed only as the ring that sets the speeds feels lose like no detent, I put a cable
on the shutter release and set to bulb
it still fired at about 1/125 of sec and did not
stay open...Not sure the problem anyone have any
suggestions short of a teardown ?

M_currie
Tinkerer
Username: M_currie

Post Number: 155

Posted on Tuesday, December 30, 2008 - 09:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am guessing here, because I seem to have misplaced my Minister D. I have one somewhere, and if I find it I'll look it over. But I suspect that whatever pin or tab the ring uses to communicate with the shutter setting mechanism may be broken, bent or dislodged. I would look at whatever is the simplest way to get at the mechanism beneath the ring and see if the ring is engaging it. Probably a teardown, but some shutters have parts that can be taken off to reveal some of the mechanism.

Harryrag
Tinkerer
Username: Harryrag

Post Number: 28

Posted on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 - 02:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

IIRC there is a round lever as thick as a toothpick linking the cam plate to which it is riveted (not so sure about this any longer) and the speed selector/ LV ring assembly, it can only be accessed after dismantling all the operating rings on the front of the lens barrel.
It is very important you do not try knocking down that set of rings, as it will drive you nuts to get them back together again!
In one of my ministers I was faced with the problem you describe, but after repairing the joint between the cam plate and the shutter speed ring the camera was operational again.
NB: Cleaning the rings in a bath of lighter fuel and very lightly geasing the cam plate will restore the smooth operation of the camera.

Bill_alexander
Tinkerer
Username: Bill_alexander

Post Number: 16

Posted on Sunday, February 01, 2009 - 12:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well Started to dig into the Yaschica, a small
bit of metal was loose on the front lense
ev ring and when I spun it around, it fell out.
looks to be a ball dentent pin about 1/2 inch
long..still have not figured out how to disassemble lens group, I bought another Minister
that suppose to be working, hope I can figure out
the problem, now I have a donor camera for the one just purchased if I get it all buggered up..
any more suggestions ?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration