Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Rick Oleson shoutout Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » Rick Oleson shoutout « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

M_currie
Tinkerer
Username: M_currie

Post Number: 166

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 08:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently bought a Nikon F3, and was faced with the job of getting some old lenses AI'ed ( I know you can flip up the tab and stop-down meter, but prefer not to have to). I don't know whether or not there's a direct link from here, but when I did a google search, I found Rick's "how to AI a lens" pages, and with that information in hand, I did three lenses without mishap. Just thought I ought to acknowledge how useful this stuff is, and how much some of us appreciate that Rick has taken the trouble to draw it all out and post it.

Msiegel
Tinkerer
Username: Msiegel

Post Number: 86

Posted on Friday, February 27, 2009 - 08:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

.... and so much more by him. I think all of us are more than happy to have him around. So all I can do is join in the general "Thank you Rick for all the work and sharing it so freely with us tinkerers"

Alex
Tinkerer
Username: Alex

Post Number: 75

Posted on Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 02:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rick sent me by e-mail a complete and illustrated set of instructions for cleanig the resistor strip inside my little Nikon EM, in order to bring the meter back to working order. Within thirty minutes, my camera was back in action and good as new.

People like Rick (and Winfried, and so many others too), who give their time and skills and expertise to us amateur 'tinkerers', merit the sincerest thanks.

'Tinkerer' describes me rather well, and yet their advice has given me the confidence to try repairs I thought were beyond my abilities, and I now have so many more lenses, shutters, diaphragms and the like, working perfectly and back in use. That's especially good for me because the cameras I collect are for use rather than display, and a number of those I've restored I've also given away to others to get the use of. Old cameras that might otherwise have been in a landfill site by now are once again taking photographs, thanks to Rick.

Fredster
Tinkerer
Username: Fredster

Post Number: 8

Posted on Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - 06:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rick, knowingly and unknowingly has helped me out many, many times. He also has an outstandingly useful CD of his drawings and info available. I can't thank him enough.

Kevinc
Tinkerer
Username: Kevinc

Post Number: 13

Posted on Thursday, June 25, 2009 - 12:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

+1, I needed to change my OM-10 focusing screen that "melted" due to a disastrous cleaning effort and he knew that you can reuse any OM-1/2/3 focusing screen and Pentax MX focusing screen. I ended up getting a nice one on eBay for only $10 and now the OM-10 viewfinder is clean, clear, and up 'n running! Thank you Rick.

Chiccolini
Tinkerer
Username: Chiccolini

Post Number: 10

Posted on Friday, June 26, 2009 - 05:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I like his Kalimar Six-60 information. Intend to use that data to fix a Kalimar Reflex.

Adrian
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 254

Posted on Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 10:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yep, Rick has helped me more than once when I've got out of my depth. He seems a genuinely nice bloke, and multi-talented to bot.

Hurrah for Rick and his like (not that there are many that good!)!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration