Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

My ever growing collection Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » My ever growing collection « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ohm
Tinkerer
Username: Ohm

Post Number: 15

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, April 15, 2009 - 01:26 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My collection of cameras grew again today, it is definitely a disease and I think I like the treatment :D Here are the two I picked up today, a Bolsey B2 for $12 with leather case and a Voigtlander Vito B with leather case and clear filter for $35, the only thing I did to them was dust the lenses, not a bad deal I think.
[IMG]http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk284/ohm1163058/CameraCollection3.jpg[/IMG]
Here is the current collection
[IMG]http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk284/ohm1163058/CameraCollection1.jpg[/IMG]
The C3, AE-1, Bolsey and Voigtlander all have film loaded and ready to go, just need to make sure I have one on me at all times now :D

Stepheng
Tinkerer
Username: Stepheng

Post Number: 3

Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 08:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Sorry for my ignorance i am new to all this but what is the tin and red block?

Tom_cheshire
Tinkerer
Username: Tom_cheshire

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 12:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Look like homemade pinhole cameras.

Rlc
Tinkerer
Username: Rlc

Post Number: 70

Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 01:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

"Look like homemade pinhole cameras."
I agree about the red box.
But now what's with the tin can?
Richard. RLC

Ohm
Tinkerer

Post Number: 16

Posted on Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 09:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes the red box is a 120mm roll film pinhole camera and the tin is a 1-quart paint can camera for paper negatives, you can actually buy one commercially made for $10 or so but I only paid $1.50 or so for the can and poked a hole in it, gets you the same thing. The red box works but I need to redo the pinhole, its too big and doesn't focus properly.
Here are the specs for the red box, if anyone is interested.
Inches MM
----------
Focal Length 1.8 44
Pinhole Diameter 0.011 0.28
f Stop f 158
Film Dimension 3.2 81 (Diagonal)
Angle Of View 84.6 Deg (Wide angle)
Coverage diameter 3.36 85.344

The paint can is still untested.

Stepheng
Tinkerer
Username: Stepheng

Post Number: 4

Posted on Friday, April 17, 2009 - 11:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Is it possible to post some pictures of the results. I use a Lensbaby Composer on my digital it has interchangeable lens one of which is a Pinhole/zoneplate just wondering if it gets similar results to the real thing.

Ohm
Tinkerer

Post Number: 17

Posted on Friday, April 17, 2009 - 08:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here you go, as mentioned the pinhole is a little big and it doesn't focus sharply.
[IMG]http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk284/ohm1163058/Duaflex8.jpg[/IMG]
I picked up a Polaroid Colorpack 2 today at a thrift store for $3 that I am also going to turn into a pinhole camera, here is the link to the Youtube video on how to make it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PrYuYp9ORY

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration