Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica 635 lens questions... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » Yashica 635 lens questions... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Logandiana
Tinkerer
Username: Logandiana

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 - 10:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I am new to this site. I just came across it and checked out the Yashica 635 page in the featured camera section. At the bottom it states that there were some that were produced with the Yashinon lenses rather than the standard Yashikor lenses, and that these cameras had a serial number that started with SX. Is this absolutely 100% true? The reason I ask is that I just picked up an almost brand new 635 with Yashikor lenses and a serial number of SX6041833. Now I am wondering... Does this SX prefix not always apply or were the lenses originally Yashinon and someone swapped them out for the older Yashikors? Also is there a way to tell from the serial number above when the camera was manufactured? I know they model was produced for 15 years or so. I am just trying to narrow it down a bit.

Thanks

Stepheng
Tinkerer
Username: Stepheng

Post Number: 10

Posted on Wednesday, April 29, 2009 - 09:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have 2 Yashica 635 one with SX and one without and both have Yashikor lenses.So i think it does not always apply.

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 562

Posted on Thursday, April 30, 2009 - 08:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I think this is all down to semantics. The original source of this information only states that the Yashinon fitted cameras were prefixed FX, it does not state that the FX prefix was unique to the Yashinon model. In reality, the FX prefix has no bearing on which of the two lenses is fitted.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration