Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kodak retina III C TYPE 028 or 021 ? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » Kodak retina III C TYPE 028 or 021 ? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Shutterbug2
Tinkerer
Username: Shutterbug2

Post Number: 57

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 10:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

picked this kodak up today at flea market. it came with the camera case a optical finder in leather case and set of 3 lens filters and plastic lens hoods in plastic hard case. both attached to newer camera strap. definitely not the original strap. light meter still works and timer and shutter speeds B-500 run pretty true . slower speeds might be little slow but their consistent,lens is xenon-c. camera,s in 8+ condition no dings just little couple small oxidized areas on trim on bottom of camera by corners they can be buffed out pretty easy. as clean as it was i did,t feel paying 50.00 was any where out of line. after looking at price book the small c is type 021 where large c is type 028 big difference in what their worth depending on which type mine is. this one measure,s in body length 5" from edge of hinge pin to other trim edge. which ever mine is it was still great find. well i,m off to butkus to see if i can figure the mystery out. James

Shutterbug2
Tinkerer
Username: Shutterbug2

Post Number: 58

Posted on Friday, July 10, 2009 - 11:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

after checking out ebay. mine,s definitely type 021 small c. but frankly i like small c,s looks over large c. and price someone was asking for their 35-80 optical viewer for 150.00 and it was missing metal scale plate showing feet and meters. that would make mine worth more it,s complete and case is in better shape too. i,m happy i got what i did with camera. bad side camera viewers need cleaned inside.they,re pretty dirty.and 2 of lens filter,s have crude out from edge,s inside and one,s type a film filter is completely useless. it has like white milky streaks in between layer,s of filter. any chance of being able to clean these filter,s up without breaking them. James

Chiccolini
Tinkerer
Username: Chiccolini

Post Number: 38

Posted on Saturday, July 11, 2009 - 09:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Some filters were made by sandwiching a piece of Wratten filter material between two layers of glass. If the material has wrinkled or gone bad, the filter is useless.

Some filters like the Polarizer, almost always have that problem and are useless.

The best filters are solid colored glass. That type can be cleaned easily with regular lens cleaner or other fluids.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration