Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Praktica MTL3 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » Praktica MTL3 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Moris
Tinkerer
Username: Moris

Post Number: 10

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 08:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi, Moris again,
I managed to repair my Praktica TL1000super with the help of this forum, especially Rafael and Steve, thanks to all involved.
I disassembled the camera, took pictures and notes. I should'nt have taken the camera apart because the blocking of the cockinglever was due to a conflict between the "rewindpushbutton" at the bottem and a ( how is it called) a kind of latch, hard to explain in other language.

I learned a lot and got started disassembling my MTL3. The shutter of this camera remains open after cocking and only closes again after i push the "releaseknob" It means that the film is continuously exposed. After disassembling the camera i could'nt find any abnormalities, don't know what is wrong. I include to pictures and i hope someone can give me a hint to get this camear repaired.
Thanks in advance.
MorisInside MTL3curtain

Moris
Tinkerer

Post Number: 11

Posted on Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 11:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

To clear up things on my previous post: I open the backdoor to view things happen, the shutter is closed ( because i released the shutter before starting a new try ). Now i start cocking i notice some movement on the shutterblades but it is still closed. I reach the final stop of cocking and all of a sudden de shutter goes open and stays open untill i release (take the picture so to say). Needless to say that the film is exposed all the time and is ruined. Hope this post makes things a bit more clear.
Greetings
Moris

Steve_s
Tinkerer
Username: Steve_s

Post Number: 168

Posted on Friday, November 27, 2009 - 02:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Presumably the blinds are moving up to the top of frame as you cock the shutter, but then the 1st blind (the lower one) does not latch and runs immediately? Does the pin on the 1st blind (at the lower-left of your second picture, at the bottom of the curved slot) engage with its latch, just to the left of the top left corner of the film gate?

Moris
Tinkerer

Post Number: 15

Posted on Monday, November 30, 2009 - 08:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Steve, Yes and no, not at first, but releasing a little bit on the screw (just above the 1st blind latch) and retighten it a little bit, the latch started to work, after some more cocking the latch worked perfectly.
I have been making an HTML page, here is the link for in case you had'nt seen it yet.
http://users.skynet.be/morris/praktica/index.htm
Thanks for your help.
Steve two of my Praktica's ( those with a AA battery) are missing the battery cover, must have lost them, is it possible to buy those things on the market...
Thanks for your reply
Moris

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration