Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Instructions on the Kodak Pony 135 Mo... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Collector's Lounge » Instructions on the Kodak Pony 135 Model C « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ismaelg
Tinkerer
Username: Ismaelg

Post Number: 13

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 05:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I recently acquired a Kodak Pony 135 Model C and I've been trying to get an online instructions manual. No luck so far. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Ismael

Finnegan
Tinkerer
Username: Finnegan

Post Number: 14

Posted on Thursday, December 03, 2009 - 04:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Did you have any questions in particular about operating it?

Don't forget to cock the shutter with the lever on top before shooting.

If I find the instr. booklet here in my pile of stuff I'll send it to you.

M_currie
Tinkerer
Username: M_currie

Post Number: 202

Posted on Thursday, December 03, 2009 - 05:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I couldn't find any instructions in the usual web resources, but it's a pretty simple gadget. I have one here too, so I imagine either Finnegan or I can help with whatever is needed.

The main thing to know is that the shutter cocking and winding are independent. The winder will wind the correct amount and stop when there is film loaded. After shooting you push the little lever to the right of the viewfinder to advance to the next frame.

The rewind button is further to the right, near the wind knob.

The film counter also operates only when film is on the sprocket, and counts down, so set it to the number of exposures on the roll when you start.

If you haven't yet figured out the opening, there's a button on the right hand strap lug (looking at it from behind). Push that button in and then push the lug down. The back comes all the way off. Be careful putting it back so you don't crack the tabs on the left end.

Ismaelg
Tinkerer
Username: Ismaelg

Post Number: 16

Posted on Thursday, December 03, 2009 - 07:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you both!
After playing with it for a while without film I pretty much have it figured out.
I was a bit confused with the wind lever next to the viewfinder.
Nothing in the viewfinder will indicate focus. Only the scale in the front element: correct?
I tried to remove the knobs to lift the top and access the viewfinder for cleaning, since it is pretty bad inside, but the screws were really tight. I left them alone. I know it doesn't affect picture quality but I looks dirty inside.
I'll give it a good clean up and "take it out for a spin".
Can't wait to see people's reaction to my "new" camera :-)

Thanks,
Ismael

M_currie
Tinkerer
Username: M_currie

Post Number: 203

Posted on Thursday, December 03, 2009 - 09:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes indeed, there is no rangefinder on this camera. You focus with the scale.

I have yet to put film in mine, which I found this summer in a free pile after the end of a yard sale. Mine also has some dirt in the viewfinder. I don't think they were very well sealed.

Good luck with yours. Maybe this will motivate me to throw a roll of film in mine too.

Jecicapapa
Tinkerer
Username: Jecicapapa

Post Number: 11

Posted on Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 08:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I tried to remove the knobs to lift the top and access the viewfinder for cleaning, since it is pretty bad inside, but the screws were really tight.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration